Apparently it’s award season and no one told me?? I, a humble fresh college graduate with twenty followers, have been nominated for an award. A sweet, thoughtful award that allows little bloggers to discover each other and build a network of like-minded people.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Thanks to Hope Eliza:
So I suppose this is the “acceptance speech” part. This is me being awkward, but thank you so much Hope Eliza for being so sweet to me always, and for nominating me! I love your taste in animated movies. Thank you Okoto Enigma for starting the Mystery Blogger Award in the first place. What a thoughtful way to connect us tiny bloggers to one another. I love the welcoming environment within the WordPress community. I’ve talked to so many cool people, and I’m excited to keep writing, and discovering new things.
As per the rules, here are three things about me:
- I have just graduated film school and am currently scouring the web for a job in either TV or Publishing. (Add me on Linkedin.)
- When I was in high school, my secret dream was to be the protagonist of a YA novel (which is how I ended up writing stories in that same vein).
- I used to work at a doggie daycare (if any of those are also hiring).
Also, if you want to check out more of my posts, I am particularly fond of An Incomplete Ranking of Leonardo DiCaprio’s Movies. I was being too sassy for my own good, but I had a blast writing it.
There are so many talented writers here, and I’m glad I get a chance to share the love.
My Mind Speaks Aloud – Birdman [Film Review]
My Mind Speaks Aloud does it all. She writes her own fiction pieces and reviews books, movies, albums, you name it. I love her sophisticated voice and her thoughtful analysis when it comes to her reviews.
Filibuster – The Revenant | 233
Filibuster, we should get coffee and talk about our weirdly similar feelings about Leo DiCaprio. I love your short ‘n sweet posts, and your love of Pixar movies. Your reviews are always quick, fun, little breaks in between my work days.
AZ At the Movies – REVIEWED: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2.
AZ! I don’t know if I’ve ever commented on your reviews, but just know I am such a fan. You have a fun, sassy voice that’s a joy to read. Also I totally agree with your feelings on Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
UnCritic – Moonlight
Vibhor, you have a great style, and I love the in-depth conversations we’ve had on the subject of film and television. You’re a great reviewer and I hope you get the recognition you deserve.
This is what I love about Reyviews: she doesn’t just talk about her favorite movies and TV shows, she analyzes the crap out of them. I love the questions she asks herself, and the depth of her analysis. This Black Mirror post is one of my favorites, where she looks at the role of sex and porn in the various futures depicted in the show.
A L Sparrow – Timer
Short, sweet, to the point. Props to A L Sparrow for getting his point across in a hundred words or less. Also Timer is one of my favorite indie movies, so I’m glad I have someone who shares my love for Emma Caulfield.
The Great Movie Debates – The Purge Review
Great Movie Debates was probably one of the first blogs I followed on WordPress. I think you have thoughtful opinions, and I think that your Purge review definitely captures the true absurdity of the film and explained why it fails as a story.
I’m so sorry that I have to stop before the ten minimum, but these were the smallest blogs I follow. I do want them to get the recognition they deserve.
So I don’t think Hope Eliza asked me any questions, so I’ll just ask them myself.
- What’s your favorite Pixar movie? Good question! Right now my top three are Up, Monsters Inc, and The Incredibles.
- What critically acclaimed movie do you think is overrated? The Revenant was so boring, guys! So boring. I wasn’t surprised that Leo won, but the plot was essentially a flimsy revenge plot, and I didn’t care about literally any of the characters.
- Any TV characters that you have a major crush on? Tadashi from Big Hero 6. He’s got brains and beauty, man.
- What’s your dating app of choice? Wow, what a random question. I generally don’t use dating apps, but I find that OKC is good place to have meaningful conversations with nice people, and sometimes gather research for an essay about the woes of online dating.
- Growing up, which Scooby Doo character did you want to be . . . and who did you become? Dang! What a great question. Growing up, I wanted to be Scooby because I love dogs. But now I’d say I’m more of a Velma (because I constantly lose my glasses).
Thanks again Hope Eliza! I think you’re an adorable person, and a great writer. I hope we get to be online buddies. Also to everyone who has been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award . . .